What can I donate to the library?
Shire of Dardanup Library Services is sincerely grateful for generosity of our community. However, to ensure we continue to provide a quality and contemporary collection, the following conditions must apply to donations:
- Shire of Dardanup Library Services cannot accept the following items:
- Ex-rental or pirated DVDs
- A duplicated copy of an original
- VHS (videos) or cassettes
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Mass market (pocket) paperbacks
- Items printed on poor quality paper
- Items affected by sun, damp, staining, mildew, insect infestation, or not in high quality condition.
- Textbooks, technical & scientific books more than 5 years old.
- Items with pages marked or highlighted (except author signed books)
- Donated material will be assessed using the same selection criteria as purchased materials.
- Shire of Dardanup Library Services cannot accept bulk donations (more than 10 items).
- Shire of Dardanup Library Services are unable to inform donors of the usage patterns of items added to the collection.
- Shire of Dardanup Library Services are unable to record details of the donor on the item.
- Accepted donations are final and become the property of the Shire of Dardanup Library Services.
- The library cannot guarantee that donated materials will be added to the collections or kept permanently, and reserves the right to dispose of or refuse donations.
- Donations not added to the collection or deselected may be sold at a library book sale, or donated to other organisations at the discretion of Shire of Dardanup.
If you have items that may be suitable for inclusion in our Local Studies Collection, please discuss with one of our friendly library staff.
We thank you for your generosity.