The Shire of Dardanup Library Services is committed to providing library users with a high standard of customer access to our library facilities, collections, and programs.
The below provides a guideline for acceptable use of the library service. Full details of this policy can be made available upon request:
Access to services
- Customers must produce a library card or I.D. at all times in order to borrow;
- It is important to report a lost or stolen library card immediately so that you are not charged for any items that may be borrowed by an unauthorised person;
- Please notify library staff if your address, phone number or other contact details change;
- Please return all loaned items on or before the due date (3 week lending period);
- Borrowers are responsible for any items borrowed on their card for the duration of the loan period;
- If an item is damaged or lost while on loan, the borrower will be charged for the replacement cost of that item plus an invoicing fee;
Children and Parents
- Complete the membership form for your child and sign it;
- Parents or guardians are responsible or all items borrowed on their children’s cards;
- All children aged 12 and under must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Shire of Dardanup Libraries are not responsible for the supervision of children on library premises.
Responsiblity and restrictions
- Any person attending the Shire of Dardanup Libraries must behave in a responsible and considerate manner. Persons behaving in an inappropriate or disorderly manner will be asked to leave the premises.
- Temporary borrowing restrictions will be applied to any library member who retains library materials excessively past their due date, or seriously misuses the libraries.
- Customers are responsible for abiding by all copyright, censorship and other relevant laws and legislation when accessing, photocopying and borrowing library items.