You Will Need
- An Internet connection
- A Shire of Dardanup library card
- Adobe Digital Editions, a free download
- Overdrive Media Console, a free app from the Overdrive website, iTunes (for iPad, iPhone and iOS devices), or Google Play (Android devices)
How it Works
Step 1: Browse
- Browse the range of eBooks on our website.
- Search by title, subject, author or format.
Step 2: Check Out
- Add selections to your ‘Cart’.
- If a title is not available, you may place a hold.
- You will receive an email when the title is available.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ link.
- Select ‘Shire of Dardanup Library Services’ from the drop down menu
- Enter your library card number
- Enter the PIN 6232
- Confirm checkout
Step 3: Download
- Click the ‘Download’ button under each title to launch the software (Adobe Digital Editions for eReaders and computers, Overdrive for tablets and smartphones)
- Once downloaded, enjoy immediately or transfer to a variety of devices.
- Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period
Transfer to an eReader
- Once your ebook has been downloaded it will automatically load into Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. Simply launch this program and find the eBook in the listing there.
- Ensure your eReader is connected to your computer so that it appears in the left hand menu.
- You can then simply drag and drop the ebook title onto your eReader icon to begin the download process to your device.
- Once it is complete you can disconnect and read your eBook at your convenience.
Tablets and smartphones – Getting started with Overdrive
You can use OverDrive’s mobile app to borrow and enjoy eBooks and audiobooks from your library on your iPad or Android device.
Step 1 – Create an OverDrive Account
You can now open your OverDrive Media Console by clicking on the icon on your tablet’s interface.
- To begin with the OverDrive Welcome screen will appear, click “Sign Up”.
- This will take you to the OverDrive Account Page where you can scroll down to enter your details and create a password.
- Once you have done this you can click “Sign Up” again and your OverDrive account will be created automatically.
Step 2 – Set up your OverDrive Account
In the OverDrive screen, swipe from left to right to open the Home Menu, then tap “Add a Library”;
- In the Add a Library screen click on “Browse for Libraries”
- On the Country listing select “Australia”, then “Western Australia” and finally scroll down to select “Shire of Dardanup Library Services”
Your screen will now go back to the Home Menu with Eaton Community Library entered as your library and the Library System will be Western Australia Public Libraries.
Simply click on the star to highlight it. This will now load the WA Public Libraries catalogue.
Step 3 – Sign into the catalogue
You can now access the catalogue by clicking on Western Australia Public Libraries. This will take you to the main page of the catalogue where you can begin browsing ebooks.
When you select a book to borrow you will be asked to sign in to your Library account. To do this you will need to:
- Select Shire of Dardanup Library Services from the dropdown;
- Enter your Library Card Number
- Enter the P.I.N. 6232
- Click “Sign In”
You are now signed into your eLibrary account and can borrow up to 10 books at a time for up to 3 weeks.
To find borrowed titles under your account in your library website simply select “Bookshelf” from the drop down side menu and you will see the list for any of the books you have downloaded.
Simply select the book you want to read and it will automatically open for you.