Shire of Dardanup Library Services will THINK creatively for new ways to deliver our service and support our community during Australia’s current health crisis associated with the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our community during this time and we are taking a precautionary approach in line with advice and directives from the Federal and State Governments with acknowledgement the situation is changing rapidly.
While some services such as big events will need to be scaled back or even cancelled, we’re looking at ways to enhance other services at a time when our community may be feeling particularly isolated. #iheartdardanup
Here’s what we have come up with so far (please check back regularly for changes):
- Daily eResources, Be Connected workshops and senior computer lessons to help customers get online and use our resources from home.
- Introduction of extended mobile library and delivery service to Dardanup and Burekup.
- All items returned to the library will go into a 1 week quarantine.
- All toys and puzzles have been removed from the children’s area.
- Computers will be separated in accordance with safe social distancing advice from the Department of Health.
- Computer stations will be cleaned hourly.
- Workshop attendances will be reduced to ensure safe social distancing spaces can be provided.
- A proliferation of signage to be displayed throughout the library promoting good personal hygiene, cleanliness, and important information about COVID-19.
- Additional return baskets will be added to the library floor for library users to place unwanted items into.
- We will also be adding more how-to information on our website around our online resources.
- Before each workshop as part of our introduction, we are including requests for customers to keep themselves safe in the library by using our hand cleaning facilities, keeping a safe social distance.
For important daily updates from the State and Federal Governments on measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Australia and flatten the curve, please visit the below links:
If you found this helpful or would like to know more please let us know.