Thursdays from 10:00am
Whether you’ve just bought your first computer or you need to brush up on using your digital device, Tech Thursdays will have something for you.
Each week we explore different aspects of using computers, from the very basics to using social media. Some of the topics we cover are:
- The absolute basics: New to computers? This is the perfect place to start. Learn the essentials of how to use a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and find out how you can access the internet.
- Getting started online: Navigating the online world can be a little tricky at first, but this course will teach you some essential skills to getting started online.
- Staying safe online: Protect your personal information and money with hints and tips to help you stay safer online.
- Using your device: This topic will teach you the basic functions of a keyboard, mouse and computer, including how to change settings and manage your files.
- Connecting with others: Need a helping hand with video calls? Find out how to get set up from your phone, tablet or computer.
- All about data: Everything you need to know about data: what it is, how it’s measured and hints and tips on how to get the most out of your data allowance at home, out and about or overseas.
- WiFi and Mobile networks: How do you set up a Wi-Fi network to use the internet at home? Is it safe to connect to public Wi-Fi? We answer these questions and more in these courses.
- Online hobbies: Time for a bit of fun. Learn how you can build your family tree, travel to places far and wide without leaving your chair, and how to create your very own blog to share your experiences and knowledge.
Tech Thursdays is presented in conjunction with the Australian Government’s BeConnected program, aimed at getting every Australian online.