Commencing 28 November, there will be some exciting changes to the Shire of Dardanup Libraries! Alongside 10 other South West Local Governments (LGs) we are launching a “One Card – One Library” system.
Installation of this system is scheduled for mid December. It will take approximately 6 months until all 11 LGs are fully operational using the new system; by June 2017, you will be able to utilise any or all of the libraries in this consortia using one library card.
During the implementation phase, there will be some minor disruptions to our library service, and whilst they are unavoidable, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your patience.
Scheduled disruptions during a brief transition period include:
- 28 November to 12 December – no access to the online catalogue system
- Friday 9 and Saturday 10 December – both Eaton and Dardanup libraries will be closed
What do these exciting changes actually mean:
The end result of this transition will provide you with a far more advanced library system and service.
- With one library card, you can visit any of the 11 LG libraries (listed below) to borrow or return items, meaning, you don’t have to borrow and return from Eaton and Dardanup only
- You will have access to 11 LG Library catalogues
- You will have the ability to request, reserve, and renew items online
- eBooks and eAudiobooks will be listed in the catalogue
The 11 Local Governments that are a part of this consortia are:
- Shire of Dardanup
- Shire of Bridgetown Greenbushes
- City of Bunbury
- City of Busselton
- Shire of Capel
- Shire of Donnybrook Balingup
- Shire of Harvey
- Shire of Boyup Brook
- Shire of Manjimup
- Shire of Nannup
- Shire of Waroona