According to research by the CSIRO, 1 in 5 Australian adults are not online and don’t have the skills to make the most of increased opportunities in the digital age.
A national program to ensure no one is left behind during today’s fast-moving digital age is being supported by Shire of Dardanup Library Services.
Go Digi is a four-year digital literacy program created via a partnership between Infoxchange and Australia Post with the aim of supporting more than 300,000 Australians to improve their digital skills.
Help is provided on an array of topics like:
- What is eBay?
- Using the internet to create and publish work
- How to choose a device
- Finding health info online
Shire of Dardanup Library Services is a registered Go Digi Network Partner which means we’re committed to improving digital literacy in our community.
Library users should feel welcome to contact Shire of Dardanup Library Services at any time for assistance with accessing digital services.
In particular, staff can help users access the Go Digi Platform which provides:
- Easy to read learning materials to build online skills and confidence
- Access to guides and ability to track personal progress on guide quizzes
- Online training on how to become a Go Digi Mentor to help friends and family.
To find out more about Go Digi, visit the website or pop into one of our libraries soon.